7 Simple Steps to Green Your Church, the companion workbook to Green Church, and 2012 selection of the United Methodist Women’s Reading program, offers a practical, stimulating, and creative step-by-step guide to greening your church over the course of one year. From calculating the church’s carbon footprint to “paying it forward” with another congregation, this useful tool, replete with scripture verses, fun facts, and success stories from other churches offers light green, medium green and deep green solutions for caring for creation both in the church, and at home.
This step-by-step guide helps you:
- Gain confidence that you can put your faith in action to create concrete environmental change
- Create a plan for change that fits your unique situation, and
- Reduce your carbon footprint while increasing your environmental stewardship
- Motivate your congregation into real Creation-impacting action!
“I can’t imagine a church of any size that will not benefit from using this book. It is lively, easy to read, and wonderfully practical. Get it, and use it!”
– J. Ellsworth Kalas, author of “Parables from the Back Side”